African Teachers Centre
Welcome to the Teachers Centre. This Centre offers all African teachers information, news and resources on issues relating to using ICTs for effective teaching and teacher professional development. The Teachers Centre is a resource mainly for the African Teachers Network. The African Teachers Network (ATN) is the second flagship project of SchoolNet Africa.
Vision and Mission of ATN
The vision for the African Teachers Network is to become a community of practice as highly qualified African facilitators of world class education in African classrooms.
The mission of the African Teachers Network is to establish an active network of teachers from a diverse variety of African schools which serves to strengthen the educational capacity of African educators through collaborative projects, promoting participation in global educator forums and educator professional development programs, thereby improving teaching practice within African schools.
Reasons for joining
There are numerous reasons why you should become a member of ATN:
- You get to network with other teachers all over Africa;
- You can use the oline discussion board for meetings;
- You can post content to the entire knowledge warehouse;
- You can share in the cultural diversity in Africa;
- You can make use of the resources;
- ...and much much more and it is all for free.
For more information on this project, please email Hillar at: firstname.lastname@example.org